Monday, November 13, 2006

*New* fiction: Deeper Water by Karen Runge

I’m in deeper water now.

It’s crazy, chaotic, turbulent and moving. Deep blue shadows move all around me, they float over me, flood me, touching me with quick, wavering fingers that I can’t feel. Through the torrent of bubbles I can see flashes of silver far below – flashes from the metallic sheen on the sides of the fish, caught in glimpses of surreal light by the rays of sun filtering down toward us. They are angels, maybe; angel’s thoughts or angel’s moods. They know I’m up here, they let my vision blur and settle back on them, then flash off away again in bright, glorious streaks that fade in front of my eyes.

Deeper Water by Karen Runge.

Karen Runge was born in 1983 in Paris, France and raised in Kwa-Zulu Natal. She is pressing ahead with novel writing, working as an office assistant and studying Palmistry.

No comments:

Blog Archive